OUR STEM SESSIONS
how to start a tech club
STEM Session 1 goes over:
- How to create a tech club, whether inside or outside of school, using 8 important steps as a guide.
- Goes over ideas, suggestions, etc. to help you kick start your tech club. - Covers the types of clubs such as in-school clubs, or organizational clubs.
intro to github
STEM Session 2 goes over:
- The basics of GitHub, the brief history of Git, and the differences between the both.
- Explanations of what GitHub is for, and a few simple commands on how to get started.
- Reasons to use GitHub and how Git and GitHub interact with each other is covered in this video.
STEM Session 3 goes over:
- The introductions of data analysis, why it’s useful, and what you need to successfully create visual representations of data.
- Types of data, and what needs to be done with the data to make it legible for computers.
- A quick introduction to libraries in Python is given, along with its uses.
Data analysis pt.2
STEM Session 4 is a more hands-on approach to data analysis. Goes over:
- How to get started with organizing data, and how to make visual representations of data, using Python.
- Instructors go over examples of organizing data, and gives explanations behind what their code does.
guest speaker/panel with Jessica zhang
STEM Session 6 goes over:
Student panel with Jessica Zhang, a senior majoring in computer science at the University of Maryland. In our panel, she discusses the inspirations that led her to start coding, her transfer process, and college experiences and how they were affected by COVID-19.